Monday, July 2, 2012

TOUGH BLOKE CHALLENGE 2012

Holy Crap...

HAD THE BEST DAY!!! IT WAS SO MUCH FUN!!!

Silly me had sore arms and legs because i did a personal training sesion the day before.. but i still did every obstacle bar one.. the evil one!! Vertical wall but there was no rope! IN THE PICTURE IT HAD A ROPE!! I managed to peep my head over the top and then i fell down haha points for trying right!
Before we started we were having a guess at how long it would take us.. this is the course..


6kms of trail running and 18 obstacles.. I estimated 2hrs! we smashed it in 1hr 45minutes! and that was taking it easy really.. (and poor Davina rolling her ankle) we could have ran the whole way but it wasnt a race and we were keeping together as a group!

It was amazing to see some of the girls stop at the obstacle and automatically say "OH GOD I CANT DO THAT!" But they gave it a go and THEY FINISHED IT!!


Its amazing the barriers we create with our minds! I set myself to every obstacle! even if i was sure i wouldnt make it.. like the monkey bars. I gave it a go anyway because you never know what youre capable of until you try!
Haystack hill at the start..                                Hells gate well named at the finish! errgghhh



 I WAS IN HEAVEN! mud/sludge pits covered with barbed wire.. climby things.. hurdles.. swinging ropes.. concrete tunnels full of water.. vertical concrete tunnels you had to use the skin on your elbows to climb up! balace beams..zip lines.. mmMmmm SO FUN!!


 Didnt burn that many calories but we walked most of it... My destroyed shoes..

My medal! and my battle scars haha bruised and scratched

The whole time i was kicking my bestfriend because she refused to sign up with me! Silly girl.. she probably would have been scared with some of the obstacles but we would have ran more of the trail! SO im convincing everyone to do the next one with me! You can walk around the obstacles you dont want to do and you can walk the course if youre tired.. So im setting a goal to do the 10km valley stampede in November! It'll be warmer by then!! sweet! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment