Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Extreme Workouts!

 
So finally managed to fit in a GRIT class!
Sat morning 8am! I really want to make it a regular addition to my workouts!
Its like PUMP on steroids and some what like i imagine cross fit is like! However with crossfit youre competing against yourself and its what time you get blah blah GRIT is rotating super sets ontop of each other with no break! Its literally do this-ok quick pick up the 10kg weight plate and do this-ok drop it pick up your bar amd do this.. now repeat! its nuts! But it only goes for half hour which while youre doing the clas youre like ok thank god only 10 minutes to go! However when it finished i kind of wished it was an hour class!
Its run at connections gym unfortunately theres no classes at mt annan! so financially i cant really addorf to make it a regular thing!
 

I accidentally left my HRM on but you can see for 20 minutes it was pushing my heart rate through the roof! we do abs at the end and my heart rate dropped a little to level 2 but thats still high! crazy!



 
i have been lucky enough to have my lovely sister in law as a workout buddy! she has been following my workout plan and its been really nice to have some company!

 
We were crazy enough to sign up to the XMAS BOOTCAMP!!! ahhh!!
Its advanced! Runs for 6 sessions and theyre 90 minutes long!!! holy hell!
Not to mention its at 6am! and im working all those nights! wish me luck!
 

You cant really see.. but this was a show i put on during my break one night at work.. It was a weightloss show and this was one of the milestone challenges a women was doing! she had lost 30kgs and was doing a 100km bike ride throught Ireland! It was amazing!! the scenery was so beautiful so ive put it on my list! Bike ride through irish country side!




 My dear old brother amazed me on the weekend! Hes a very keen rock climber thats how he gets his workouts in. He wanted to see if he could climb a rope tied to a tree! So off we went to our grandmothers house where she has lots of space filled with lots of trees! This photo is him climbing the first branch! Aced it in one go! I was amazed! He has so much upper body strength im so jealous! He makes it look so damn easy. I had a go but i was wearing thongs and used it as a cover for my poor upper body strength haha Next he tried a much taller tree with a much higher branch! maybe about 20m high? Admittedly it was a bit more of a challenge but he had already climbed the other rope three times! It was so cool to watch and everyone got involved! My grandparents came out to watch even Katie and my dad had a go! The vibe between us was amazing and im really looking forward to doing more challenges as a family group! Good on ya bro really inspiring!




HOORAY!!!! Finally we all registered for THE WARRIOR DASH!! So we have My brother and his wife, Justin and I and my step dad on his 50th birthday! Im so excited! Just hope no one gets hurt haha I really want to get an adventure camera so i can take action shots!! going to look them up and see if i can get away with lay bying one! (yeah right)

quite obsessed with these shorts..
 
I really need to be in peak performance this year! Make sure im getting my strength days and fitness all timed in right! I have too many big events coming up and want to be ready so i can enjoy them!
City 2 surf, tough mudder and a sprint triathlon!
Bring on 2013!!


No comments:

Post a Comment