Tuesday, December 4, 2012

A lesson in patience..

 
 
Omg.. i was not born with an ounce of patience.. but i have been trying to learn it! I think in this day and age instant gratification is somewhat indulged with our current lifestyle habits.. but im not really refering to food. Im talking about the patience i have gained through this weight loss journey. It took me a year to get where i am.. but i knew it would take me that long and i reminded myself of that all the time! I know ill get where im going and i dont expect it to happen overnight! sure i can set goals to keep me powering on but its not do or die! I know when im cruising and not getting anywhere and i know when im working too hard!
You gotta pace yourself, keep a good attitutde & know it will happen..
 
 
Recently as you know i went to a naturopath and some of the changes she has made are proving a little difficult to adjust to. Its so hard and i expect results straight away to gratify my hard work but they just dont happen that quickly. I keep telling myself it'll take a month minimum and atleast 3 months for the wow factor so gear up to keep chuggin Rach!
I keep getting down because im not following it 100%.. my life at the moment makes it easy to form excuses! Im so used to the way i have been doing things and to up and change it takes a while to adjust. I have to do the shopping and order this protein powder but i really cant afford $90 of protein powder that i might not even be able to drink! They dont have test samples and thats the smallest you can buy. It has to be online as no where else stocks it.. odd. This easy-yo machine in woolies is $20 and the sachets for the yoghurt are about $5 each i think. Another thing i cant afford if im not going to eat it. I cant stand natural yoghurt even if i put berries in it.. cant do it.. so im just going to cut out yoghurt all together. Im just constantly battling in my head.. you need to do this to get where you want to go but it goes against alot of my weightloss values. I also dont really know what to eat thats carb and dairy free apart from meat/fish and salad/fruit/veggies.. and that can be a little boring! The only carbs i would have in the morning was bread. Morning tea i can have biscuits i suppose but i normally have it with cheese or ham cant have any of that now.. just frustrating.. change scares me in a way and especially something so extreme as this. Ill get the hang of it.. its only been a week i have to give it a month! Patience patience patience! You can get through this!
 
 
So when i get the lack-of-patience-anxiety attack coming on.. you can always tell because i get really snappy and cant handle things.. i need to STOP take a breath.. remind myself everything is ok theres no rush and to relax.. think of the zen yoga pose in my background!
Try it for yourself =)
 
 
Patience is the state of endurance under difficult circumstances, which can mean persevering in the face of delay or provocation without acting on annoyance/anger in a negative way; or exhibiting forbearance when under strain, especially when faced with longer-term difficulties. Patience is the level of endurance one can take before negativity. It is also used to refer to the character trait of being steadfast.


No comments:

Post a Comment