Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Getting in the Xmas spirit??




I'm so excited for Christmas!! Not Christmas itself because we don't have much money and I'm depressed we can't buy people decent presents! But because its the month you over eat and party hard! Christmas parties galore drinking and all the food!! Not to mention NYE! Well.. I'm excited for the challenge! Bring it on! Because this will be my best month yet! I won't be feeling guilty and fat New Year's Day! I won't let my exercise slip! And I won't over eat on terribly unhealthy food! 
You can only do your best with what is given to you! It's hard when you go to places and have no control over what is being served but just make educated decisions and watch your portion sizes! It's so easy to get carried away all the delicious food layed out like an all you can eat challenge! But remember your eyes are bigger than your stomach! Well mine alway are haha and its OK to say NO!
I've got some tips to help you navigate your way through the festive season!

 

Remember the basics! 
Small plate means you can't load up as much!
Drink lots of water so you don't over eat!
Keep up with your training! I know my gym doesn't have classes for 2 weeks!! And god knows how full they will be when they come back in January! So make sure you plan your workouts try to simulate what you were doing in the class in the gym or at home!
 Keep your routine book in your workouts like an appointment because its too hard to get started again once you falter! With warmer weather and daylight savings even if you're busy there's no excuse!!
Try and have a protein shake or something filling before you go to parties as the food can be delayed! Never go anywhere hungry because the minute you're starving you easily slip out of control and stuff anything in your mouth!! 
If you are drinking alcohol try to put you glass down on the table between sips so you're not sucking it down and getting more too often! Try to limit yourself with soft drink have two glasses of water between every glass of soft drink or limit yourself to just one glass.
Play pool or cards or talk to people to distract yourself from nibbles or drink.
It is xmas so Indulge in treats and good food but just remember to balance it with lots of fresh salads fruit and plenty of water! 
Remember Xmas is only a few days but once the damage is done you'll have to deal with it next year! Let me tell ya it's soooooo much harder getting it off than it was stuffing it in! 


Ive started up PT sessions again and am hoping to continue them for as long as my bank account will let me.. Also im going to use some old Michelle Bridges workouts i have for my strength days when the gym is closed and classes arent on! Pulling out all the stops! 8 weeks!! i want to be under 75kgs!!! By god i will try my hardest! Already decided im working new years day so cant have a massive New years eve.. small BBQ at home! Just need to seriously get my eating under control.. decided that my naturopath appointment didnt really help.. the restrictions were too extreme. I havent had to nap since taking the super greens and the multi vitimins so thats good.




I've plotted my workouts up until the 7th January. (When classes start again) Also am getting back on track with meal planning! Got the new Clean eating recipe app on my phone so going to test out some of those! You gotta get going if you want results! Turns out i was only half assing it and whinging that i wasnt getting anywhere! I had a bit of a shock when i went to mums the other night and my sister inlaw says "its my disappearing sister in law..everytime i see you youve lost more weight" it was a nice slap in the face because i have been feeling so down on myself! I can get so stuck in where i want to be and not even see any changes. My mum also asked me what more do i want to achieve weight loss wise? I thought about it for a while and said i just want to get my belly flat and lose more from my arms. THATS IT?! she said why are you so low thats all you have to go! Thats great!
So.. just gotta kepp on keeping on! Ill get there eventually! Going to do some healthy eating xmas specials so watch out for it soon =)

No comments:

Post a Comment