Tuesday, November 6, 2012

KAZ'S RUN CLINIC

Sunday 4th November




Run Clinic was awesome! I may have got a little lost on the way but eventually made my way to wattle grove! This was organised by the South West Sydney 12WBT group! God they do some amazing things!
Kaz is great! She sat us down and poured her knowledge into our brains for about an hour about Technique, Training and Nutrition! It was a really big help and i made sure i took heaps of notes!
Ive always known i run like a spastic! But now i know how i can fix it!


We got up and put into practice some of the things she was talking about.. Lean forward, Arms 90 Degrees, straight posture open your chest so you can breath properly and keep your cadence around 85 steps per minute.. this meant maybe shortening your stride.
With me i lean forward too much ad my stride is too big! Im trying to sprint but only jogging. I have to shorten my stride, straighten up which means strengthening my core muscles and remember not to cross my arms over as it twists my body and can injure my lower back. I also need some new shoes! My nikes (which i knew when i bought them) are for neutral feet and im a serious pronater! or my feet roll in! But they were so pretty how could i resist them?! Until my knees start hurting after i run! haha



I loved it because she was so passionate about running and had a ridiculous knowledge about what goes into running! Training the mind and all the parts of the body you need to engage! You have to train the muscles to support you and propel you when you run so just going out and having a run is great but if you want to improve you need to push yourself and train key muscles..
I need to run atleast 2-3 times a week and Kaz says 60% should be Long slow run, 25% getting a bit harder adding some hills in and 15% should be spints and hill sprints. That is the percentage of your training during the week!
I recommend anyone to attend one of these clinics she runs all the time or you can book in your own with a group! She does Run clubs all round sydney and will be opening one on Penrith next year which im very tempted to join! I cant explain everything so heres the link if youre interested!


http://www.mindbodymotionrunclub.com.au/clinics/

No comments:

Post a Comment