Sunday, November 25, 2012

WOMENS TRIATHLON FESTIVAL 2012

 
Holy shit! i did it!!!
I cannot express how invigorating it was!
I was sooOOoOOoo nervous before hand! I had to drive there by myself which doesnt help cause i just sat there getting even more nervous with no one to distract me.
Lucky Justin and my mum were bringing the girls so i couldnt wait for them to get there!


 Breakfast! and my pre traithlon energy boost pack hahaha lots of gatorade that i had frozen to keep cold!

 
I got my registration pack! Put all my sticker on everywhere and went to set up my transition area..
I brought one of Immys towels so i knew where my bike was but i ended up getting a really good spot on the end.

 
When i finally foudn the girls Katie was just finishing and Loz was gettign all nervous to start her wave! It was sooo hot!!!


Yay!! they got there in time! Made sure to put heaps of sunscreen on! 36 degrees and straight sun!
11am not a good time to start a triathlon on a day like that haha

 
My cheer squad!

 
All engines are go!

As soon as i started swimming my top filled up with water and dragged me down! NOOoOoOOo!!! i had to keep pulling it up so the water wouldnt go in! I was so cranky i should have just worn my swimmers! i was too worried about wearing a bra underneath and pants to stop chaffing and it was all a learning experience haha

Cheerleader Immy with pom poms!
 
 
Heart still racing from the swim started off a good pace for my bike laps!
Holy crap it was soooooo hot!!!! Thank god i was wet! The tights were awesome too!

When i came into second transition and got off my bike i was like ohhh crap my legs wont be able to run they felt so tight! So i just took in katies advice.. took my time! had a stretch and a drink and started my run!
The whole way i was giving myself positive encouragement! There was no way i was going to let myself stop! "Keep going Rachie" You can do it! Dont stop! Doesnt matter how slow you go just dont stop! I got so happy at one point i could see where we had to turn around and go back i was on my last km! I felt like sprinting but thought i better conserve my energy i didnt want to sprint now and collapse before the finish hahaha i was smiling the whole km back! I was so happy i had done it!! and i didnt stop once! I could see the finish line and so i just took off! So happy to have finished in under an hour! Crossing the finish line i was going to puke! so i ran over to the garden but managed to get myself under control haha  

sooo hot!!!!

My hubby was so proud of me =)
It was so good to have my family there!
Although Immy and Evie were probably a little too hot haha

 
Its really inspired me to do more!
More triathlons pushing myself further everytime!
Next year i hope to do the Sprint which is 3x as long!
Challenge accepted! =)
 
If youre interested in doing a triathlon!
 
Macarthur Tri clubs website:
Pinkie triathlon is in early october
Womens Triathlon festival late november
 

No comments:

Post a Comment