Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Triathlon Training

Eep!!! The womens triathlon festival is only 2 weeks away!!!!



So i went to the regatta center in Penrith to have a practice swimming in the lake as so many have said how much harder it is than swimming in the pool! Ended up getting there a lot later than i had hoped but i had my ever supportive bestfriend with me!

So as soon as i saw the water i freaked out! I was making every excuse to not get in.. Its too cold! Theres people over there and they will see me! But i snapped out of it and realised id driven all the way here so i had to get in!

 
I dived in and it wasnt too bad! I was worried about swimming wonky and hitting my head on the shore haha so i kept checking i was inline when i came up for a breath.. I also had this anxiety about a giant crocodile/mutant piranha swimming up and eating me! haha Ive never swam laps in anything but a crystal clear pool so it was going to take me a while to adjust!


Mel was walking along the path tracking me with my NIKE +Gps app so we knew what distance i was doing! I managed 250m down and back upstream in 7 minutes.. I'll admit it killed me a little a did a bit of alternating between freestyle and breastroke haha


But when i got out of the water i felt like running. My muscles were all warmed up and i had a boost of energy! So hopefully ill be all sweet on the actualy day! I'm going again on the 16th and will take my bike and do a FULL run through! Swim, bike and run! Been researching transitioning so gotta practice that see whats comfortable! Probably have to wear a bra under my swimmers hahaha
I did some laps today and then did a spin class! Holy hell it was so hard to get changed being wet! Obviously i towel dried myself but it was still hard so no way am i getting changed triathlon day! just whack on some pants and go!

No comments:

Post a Comment