Saturday, October 20, 2012

Healthy Eating...

Was so proud of myself!


Baked a very healthy carrot loaf for morning tea on the way up to my cousins wedding (two hour drive). Its just a wholemeal based cinnamon carrot loaf and i added walnuts, peacans, and pumpkin seeds. SO GOOD!!

Admittedly the cream cheese and icing sugar wasnt very healthy... hehe


After the wedding we went to maccas to fill in the time before the reception.. i was very good and got a water and apple slices! I really wanted a cheeseburger and fries (which i never eat) but i knew we were about to have wedding food! So i saved myself! If i had had nothing i would have over eaten at the wedding!


First up at the reception! HOLY MOLY its my favourite!!! SUSHI!!!! Yup i had about 3 peices of the tuna avocado! It was mazing and really inspired me to make my own! I have all the equiptment i just need to get the time to prepare the brown rice or quinoa! Adventurous sushi! Mmmm

 
Sat down and there was a pear as my place card! It was so beautiful! and fresh and healthy!

 
Dinner buffet! It was so healthy! Pumpkin, feta and pine nut salad. spiced chicken peices in cous cous and seafood paella.. i thought id try it as i had never had paella before! it was pretty good! Just like risotto. I would have gone back for seconds just for that salad! Also inspired me to make it one day! but im not too sure about the fetta haha

Dessert! Lolly table! I managed to control the sugar adict in me and just a a few squares of the honeycomb and then i had a green tea! MmmmMm perfection!
So there you go people its possible to eat healthy at a wedding! I really did have a good selection however but again its all about portions! So if youre dealt an unhealthy hand at a wedding just take it slow little portions and drink plenty of water!
 
 
Yes i did start of drinking.. but after about two i got sick of it.. call it binge drinking or whatever you want but im not going to waste the calories and the liver failure unless i get smashed haha theres just no point haha However if you do drink make sure you drink twice the water the next day to flush it out of your system and get your liver running well! The liver processes fats so we certainly dont want that playing up!


This is just to show how obsessed i am with the steamed greens at the moment haha theyre a staple in all my meals at the moment theyre so fresh and make you feel good!


No comments:

Post a Comment